EPA-Approved Cleaning Supplies
Every Team Member Trained
10-Step Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation Protocol
PMI Purify Cleaning Protocol
Enhanced procedures and guidance on how to clean every room in a home. These guidelines will include a learning and certification program to empower our PMI franchise community of hosts with all the necessary tools to standardize and effectively execute the PMI Purify cleaning standard.
The PMI Purify Enhanced Cleaning Protocol will include specific information on COVID-19 prevention, such as the use of personal protective equipment, like masks and gloves for hosts or their cleaners, as well as disinfectants that are approved by regulatory authorities. A CDC recommended 24 hour wait period before entering is also required, as a precaution to address the possibility of particles that may remain airborne for a few hours. The protocol will be available to all franchisees and we encourage them to commit and adopt these enhanced cleaning practices. Listings enrolled in the PMI Purify Cleaning Protocol will be available for stays immediately after the enhanced cleaning is performed.
The PMI Purify Enhanced Cleaning Protocol is expert-backed and it’s principles are in harmony with those required by online travel agencies such as Airbnb.
LearnCommit to enroll and study the PMI Purify Enhanced Cleaning Protocol.
CertifyComplete the PMI Purify Certification Program.
TrainConduct PMI Purify Enhanced Cleaning Protocol training with your housekeeping staff .
Follow The Wall“Follow The Wall’ cleaning process followed and inspected.
PrepareProper preparation can help you and your team clean more efficiently and more safely. Make sure to:
- Ventilate the space before and during cleaning, when possible
- Use disinfectants approved by your local regulatory agencies for use against COVID-19
- Always read the directions and warnings on your cleaning products carefully
- Wash or disinfect your hands, and wear a mask and gloves while cleaning
CleanCleaning is when you remove dust and dirt from surfaces, such as floors and countertops. Make sure to:
- Sweep, vacuum, dust, and/or mop areas before sanitizing
- Wash all dishes and laundry at the highest heat setting possible
- Wipe down hard surfaces with soap and water
SanitizeSanitizing is when you use chemicals to reduce the number of bacteria on surfaces such as doorknobs and TV remotes. Make sure to:
- Spray high-touch surfaces in each room with an approved disinfectant spray
- Let the disinfectant stand for the length of time specified on the product label
- Allow the surface to air-dry
CheckTo access custom cleaning checklists, go to Performance > Cleaning. Make sure to:
- Refer to the best practices in each room-by-room checklist to make sure that all areas are cleaned and sanitized between each stay
- Share these requirements with your hosting team and cleaning professionals
ResetTo help prevent cross-contamination, it's important to finish cleaning and sanitizing a room before replacing items for the next guest. Make sure to:
- Wash your hands and replace gloves before replacing guest supplies, linens, and cleaning kits
- Safely dispose of or wash cleaning supplies and protective gear
- Don’t re-enter a room once it’s been sanitized
- Empty and/or clean your equipment (ex: vacuum, microfiber cloths) between each turnover
InspectInspect property after every clean to ensure proper execution of The PMI Purify Enhanced Cleaning Protocol.